Yep, I stole this from my friend's blog.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Graduated college. Go a real job. Recorded something that didn't suck.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never remember what mine are for longer than a week, so let's assume I didn't. I wont be making more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my grandpa Don and my grandma Anne. It's been a tough few months for my family.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
As always, some sort of girlfriend thingy. I'm not picky, just something! (ugh)
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Etched? December 15th, the day I graduated, didn't go to the ceremony, broke into an apartment and drove home, but still had to wait 4 days to see if I really did graduate.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a real job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting out and doing more things.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Last winter I messed up my wrist something awful while snowboarding. I fear that it will always hurt when I lift weights, and hopefully it wont hurt when I play guitar/drums when I get older.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Mac computer.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I think many of my friends did something worth praise.
John - Although I didn't see him a ton, I couldn't believe how well he took the bomb that was dropped on him this fall. Also, Emilia - I know very few people who could pick up and move like that.
Anay - Found himself a good women. I never thought it would happen.
My Mom - for finally thinking that my brother could move out, even if it fell through.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sarah. Her behavior seems to effect me more than it should.
14. Where did most of your money go?
TUITION. My Mac. My car finally got fixed. I finally started drinking at bars more.
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
The final book and the 5th movie. The MoM album release, as well as Motion City Soundtrack, Bloc Party, Anberlin, Jimmy Eat World, Angles & Airwaves, Paramore, Mae, Snow Patrol, +44.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
I have no idea.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? I'm not sure. I feel like a better person in some ways, but not in others. One sad reality is sinking in, as well as the friends that I have lost in the past few months. But I feel as though I'm headed in a good direction.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner actually. It's not good.
iii. richer or poorer? Well, poorer, but very shortly I'll be much much richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
gone out while it was still warm out. Laughed more. Seen my friends more, even the ones out of state.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sat in my dorm alone. missed the bus. Bitched at my friends for things that I should have seen coming.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With Family, at home. Hopefully I'll see a few more friends too.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
23. How many one-night stands?
None this year.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Ha! Beauty and the Geek. Or How I Met Your Mother. (Oh Swarley!)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I am now able to see people's faults, which is both good and bad.
26. What was the best book you read?
I think I only read 10 or so books this year. Most of them were HP. I'd have to say Deathly Hallows, or The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
Jimmy Eat World. Teagan and Sarah. the Album Leaf. Damien Rice. MoM. the Hold Steady. Imogen Heap. Quietdrive. Radiohead. Sherwood. Snow Patrol. +44.
28. What did you want and get?
A degree. A job/financial security.
29. What did you want and not get?
Oh, you know.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I have no idea. EDIT: JUNO!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Drank with the Cerner interns. 22
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
See #29, #22.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Blue Shoes. Sport coats over hoodies. I finally feel comfortable in a suit.
34. What kept you sane?
My drums/guitar. Knowing that I am a good person, even if others think otherwise.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Haha. Emma Watson. Ellen Page
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm SO tired of the presidential race (already). The Environment/alternate fuels.
37. Who did you miss?
Nimit actually. Koo. My grandparents.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Luke from MoM was pretty cool. So is Allie. I miss my Cerner Interns. Oh! Allyson! but I already kinda knew her.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
When I convince myself that something must happen, and that it will, it does.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
The entire song Ordinary by the Alternate Routes.
December 25, 2007
Yep, I stole this from my friend's blog.